Local Benefits of the NJ – NY Expansion Project
- Create 5,200 direct and indirect local jobs including 1,437 construction jobs by the investment necessary to improve New Jersey and New York’s natural gas infrastructure.
- Generate $18 Million in local tax revenue not including direct property taxes, to help pay for important community services.
- Reduce energy costs by $350 million in New Jersey and $350 million in New York by supplying more domestic natural gas to these high-demand markets.
- Produce $274 million in personal income and add $511 million in GDP in New Jersey and New York spurring economic growth.
- Eliminate 6 million tons of carbon dioxide a year by using cleaner burning domestic natural gas provided by this project rather than the equivalent amount of oil.
Spectra Energy is committed to giving back to the communities in which we work and live. As we construct a natural gas pipeline that will create local jobs, reduce harmful emissions and lower wholesale energy costs for the residents of New Jersey and New York, we want to ensure that the work is carried out with minimal disturbance to the community...
Q. What is an HDD?
A. Horizontal Directional Drilling, or HDD, is an efficient method of installing pipelines without using traditional trenching methods, helping to avoid any unnecessary environmental impact and providing added security...
Construction Update: Burma Road — May 16, 2013
The 2012 Spectra Energy Annual Report Highlights the NJ-NY Expansion Project — April 22, 2013
Spectra Energy Corp Named to Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s Best Corporate Citizens List for Third Consecutive Year — April 16, 2013
Click here to see a comprehensive construction schedule.